N/APosted on - 02/01/2017
Experts of techyv. Whenever I try to connect my laptop to the available wireless networks, it always displays “wireless network connection not connected.” My laptop runs on Windows 8.1. How can I resolve this problem?
Windows 8.1 Wireless Network Connection Not Connected Problem
Fix 1: Reset your network adaptor
Follow these steps to reset the network adaptor:
- Go to Control Panel. Select Network and Internet and finally Network and Sharing Centre.
- Select “Change adapter settings.” The following window should appear.
- Right-click on Wi-Fi and select Disable.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and then select Enable.
Fix 2: Rollback the drivers
If the first fix does not help, follow these steps:
- Select Search and type Device Manager.
- Double click Network Adaptors.
- Right-click on the network adapter that is causing the issue. Select Update Driver Software.
- In the next window, do not select “search the driver automatically.”Choose “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- After this, select the optionwhich enables you to choose adevice from a list on my computer.
- A list appears; select the Manufacturer’s Driver, not the driver of Microsoft.
After completion, restart your computer to ensure that the issue will be resolved completely.