N/APosted on - 06/21/2012
I was using a very old version of Window Live Messenger, WLM and it worked perfectly. Then I decided to install 2011 essentials pack where I encountered with a signing issue.
It prompts me a message with the error code ‘8100030d’. I have no idea what so ever on this. So I tried re-installing it but still the error code is there. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2. Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Window Live Messenger Install problem
This error happens to occur due to several causes such as:
Improper setup of either the system clock or the system date.
The Dynamic Link Library (DLL) might be not registered.
Invalid proxy server used by Internet Explorer.
Zone alarm is executing.
Therefore, please perform the following solutions in order to resolve the issue.
1. Firstly, go to your taskbar and double-click on the clock. Please ensure that the clock is set appropriately according to your time zone.
2. Next, double-click on zone Alarm in the System Tray and then select Shutdown Zone Alarm.
3. Afterwards, click Start and select Run. Type regsvr32 softpub dll in the Open box. This will perform softpub.dll registration.
4. Similarly, please repeat step 3 above for the following command line utility one by one.
re gsvr32 MSXML3.dll
5. Finally, please relaunch Windows Live Messenger.