N/APosted on - 06/04/2020
What is windows installer 3.1? How it works.
What is windows installer 3.1
- Windows installer 3.1 is an application programming interface and software component used to install, maintain and remove the application on windows OS. It is from the Microsoft Corporation.
- It is used to set up the user interface. It is included in the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack (SP1).
- It has an extension .msi which contains database, summary of installation and various files to be insatalled.
To find the version of windows installer follow the below steps
- From the Start, Click Run and type %systemroot%\system32, and then click ok.
- It will locate the windows \System32 folder.
- In that search for msi.dll file and click on properties.
- This gives the information on version of windows installer.