N/APosted on - 06/24/2020
Hello. I want to have control over my domain, so I want to install an ad. What are the steps for AD installation in server 2008? How to install it on my PC?
What Are The Steps To Follow While AD Installation In Server 2008
Hello. Follow the below steps for AD installation in server 2008.
- Go to server manager, click on roles, next, click on add roles link.
- From add roles wizard, Click on next. Choose active directory domain services, add some required features, and click on next.
- Keep on clicking on next, and when you find the install button click on install.
- After successfully installing the ad, click on close.
To complete the configuration process, follow the below steps.
- Open server manager, expand roles, next click on active directory domain services, and let the active directory domain services installation wizard link run. Click on next.
- Click on next and select to create a new domain in a new forest.
- Next, name your domain, click on next. Set the functional level of the forest to windows server 2008 r2. Click on next.
- Select the DNS server, click on the next, and then click on yes.
- Set the path to store log files and SYSVOL files, click on next.
- Set a powerful password, click on next.
- The active directory starts getting installed on your PC; after completion, click on the finish.