N/APosted on - 08/04/2011
Hi people of techyv, please allow me to share my experience here in techyv, when I am about to finish my encoding job using an application build by Microsoft Visual Basic, I meet a strange error, please see below the error message.
Microsoft Visual Basic
System Error 84480004005(-2147467259) Unspecified error
As I read on the error, it makes me think more and more, such a short error message, that is why I have a hard time figuring out what went wrong, when I look for same error message over the internet, but none was posted as what I have, I am asking for some help on this error message, hoping to hear your ideas, thanks.
Visual Basic System Error 84480004005
The message “System Error 84480004005(-2147467259) Unspecified error” is VB or VBA automation error. The interpretation of the error is “Out of Memory”. It usually shows up when there’s an attempt to add an entry to the Windows Event Log but the problem is the log is already full. What you can do is try to change the settings on how the event log handles the situation when it reaches full capacity. Here’s how to change it:
1. Go to Windows Start Menu, and then open “Control Panel”
2. Open “Administrative Tools”
3. Open “Event Viewer”
4. Under Event Viewer (Local), right click on Application and select “Properties”
5. Under “Log Size”, look for “When maximum event log size is reached” and change it to "Overwrite events as needed"
6. You can also change the "Maximum Log Size" to 5120 to maximize its capacity
7. Click OK to save changes