N/APosted on - 06/29/2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am unable to download or update any app from Google Play using WIFI or 4G. I already uninstalled the Google play updates and rebooted the phone. Is there a need for me to restore my phone? I would rather try other options first before considering a restore. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Unable to download and update apps from Google Play
This is a common problem with Google Play App and an Android smartphone. No need to restore anything, no need to reset any kinds of settings.
As your problem states, if you cannot download apps from Google Play then you need to clean the phone's memory cache and the app itself.
You do is by following these steps:
1. You need to download this file called Android Assistant from this link. I gave you a link to a Google Drive file because you cannot download anything from Google Play.
2. After downloading, extract the archive in the computer and copy the files in the phone.
3. After installing the app on the phone, click on the "System Clean " option from the app and then click "Clean Selected".
4. Go back to the main menu and select "Tools", located on the top right and select "Cache Cleaner" and tap on "Clean All".
5. The phone's cache has been cleared. Now you must clean the cache of the Google Play App.
6. Go to Settings, access Applications and select the Manage Applications option.
7. Select all of them, including Google Play app and then select Clear Cache.
8. This is will clear the app's cache. After this you will be able to download the apps from Google Play.