N/APosted on - 08/09/2014
I am currently using VMware Vsphere 5.0 and got no issues on it. Now I just want to test VMWare Vsphere 5.5. and encounter these concern, vCenter Server 5.5 for my VMs have an error of "Unable to contact lookup Service. Check vm_ssoreg.log in the system temporary folder for more details" "Error 29102". Can you advise on how to fix this?
Unable to contact lookup service
There are several causes for this problem:
· unsynchronized clocks from host machines
· firewall blocking
· services that must be started; etc.
· Check the clocks on the host machines running
· vCenter Server, vCenter [Single Sign-On], and the Web Client are synchronized.
· Find out the exact log file found in the error message
[system temporary folder refers to %TEMP%].
· Find the message in the log file [The log file contains output from all installation attempts. Locate the last message that shows Initializing registration provider…].
1. Make sure that a firewall is not blocking the vCenter [Single Sign-On] port.
2. vCenter Single Sign-On is installed [The machine has sufficient free CPU, I/O. and RAM capacity].
3. Check that vCenter [Single Sign-On] is working:
· vCenter [Single Sign-On] service (Windows)
· vmware-sso daemon (Linux).
4. Finally, restart the service.
5. Be sure that the configuration for using the FQDN on the right of “!” sign [ otherwise, recover your vCenter Single Sign-On SSL configuration].