N/APosted on - 06/06/2020
How to replace or renew the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate in Internet Information Service (IIS) 7
The best way to Replace SSL certificate in IIS 7
By following the given steps, you will be able to replace your SSL certificate in IIS 7:
- You have to Open the IIS Manager by navigating to Start> Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Under the Connections menu, click on your server’s Hostname.
- In the center window pane, you have to scroll down to Server’s Certificate and double-click on it.
- Click on Certificates > Expiring Certificates.
- Check the expiry and then if it exists create a renewal certificate by adding on your CSR.
- Once the certificate is created, save it on the IIS server from that CSR request was generated from.
- Open the IIS Manager, navigate to Server’s Name and left-click. Now open the Server’s Certificate in the center window pane.
- Now Complete Certificate Request under the Action menu.
- Left-click to visit the .CER certificate file that you created, and give the certificate a Friendly/Proper Name to help you remember the certificate in the future and click Ok