N/APosted on - 05/22/2015
this is a problem for which I am trying to find a solution but all efforts went in vain. I have installed both MS office word 2007 and MS office word 2010 in my PC. Whenever I double click on a Word document, I always get the document owned in MS 2007. For some reason I don’t want to uninstall MS 2007 office suite. Someone guide me on this unique issue and help me in getting rid of this problem if possible. Last resort would be to lose MS2007 version. Thanks a lot for your great help.
Steps to set default application to open in MS Excel
1. Select any one excel or word file to change it opening in latest version.
2. Right click on the Excel or Word.
3. Select the open with option.
4. Open With window will be opened.
5. Click on the browse button.
6. The browser window option will open and browse the latest software installed location under
7. C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14
8. Select excel.exe
9. Same step to be followed for word also. If office14 is not found check for similar appeared folder.
10. Click Ok.