N/APosted on - 01/10/2014
I had an issue with my Internet Explorer. It won't run and it always shows an error about proxy server. The last time I run my browser, there is no issue found and I can very well use it without problems. Today, when trying to open it, the error states, "The proxy server isn't responding. Check your proxy settings". What is the cause of this issue? Do I need to reinstall or remove my browser and switch to Chrome or Firefox? Please help me.
Proxy Server Isn’t Responding on IE
There are bunch of possibilities why you are encountering a proxy issue. It could be because of your Firewall settings that blocks your connection, incorrect configurations, or if you are using a proxy server, it is also possible that your malware removal tool has blocked your IP address.
To fix this, try the solutions below:
1. Launch Internet Explorer and choose Internet Options under Tools menu.
2. Click Connections tab on the Internet Options window.
3. Click LAN Settings at the bottom of Connections.
4. Untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box or deselect it.
5. Tick the Automatically detect settings check box.
6. Click OK twice to close the LAN Settings and Internet Options window.
And then, check if you can connect to Internet Explorer.