N/APosted on - 07/08/2016
Hi. I want to know about Avaya ip500 v2 control unit and the parts required for its installation. Also, what are the steps to install the ip500 cards into the control unit? I tried inserting it but it is either not reading it, or some error is coming up. Please suggest ways. It is urgent. Thanks in advance.
Overview Of Avaya IP500 V2 Control Unit. How to Installation IP500 V2
Hi. To start with Avaya ip500 v2 control unit, the parts required are a flat blade screwdriver of 5mm, an anti-static wrist strap, a crosshead screwdriver, an M4 crosshead screwdriver and an RJ45 Ethernet cable.
Before installing the ip500 cards into the control unit, each ip500 base card needs to be prepared. After you add the trunk daughter card, the base card can also be inserted into the control unit.
The steps to install the ip500 card are as follows-
• First, ensure that the control unit is turned off, and there is no power supply.
• There will be a cover on the slot on the front of the control unit which must be removed using a flat-bladed screwdriver.
• Slide the card into the control unit and allow it to rest alongside the end of the slot. Check if the card rotates or not. If it does, it means that the card handrails have not been engaged with the edges of the slot. In this case, reinsert the card.
• The insertion can be completed by applying pressure to the front of the card at its base.
• Finally, after the card has been inserted properly, it needs to be secured by expending a flat bladed screwdriver.
Hope we helped.