Carson 110 points N/APosted on - 05/29/2011
I am using an HP Lenovo Notebook for the past 4 or 5 months and I'm really bothered by the thing that it won't go to sleep mode. When I am on the road it follows the same method of launching the screen saver and then turning off the screen and then going to sleep after sometime but at home it won't go to sleep after the whole black screen thing. The power light is still on and the fan is running even after an hour or so after it has turned off its display.
If your computer won't fall into sleep mode, It's due to your computer's power plan settings. A power plan is the program that controls how your PC manages energy and allowing you to decide whether you want optimal performance or to save as much energy as possible.
Power settings can be customized allowing you to adjust the settings, so that it will meet your own personal needs. By adjusting your power plan, you can also control how and when your computer falls into sleep mode.
I have here some solutions to the sleep mode issue of your HP Notebook. Hopefully I will be able to resolve the issue or at least help you with your concerns.
1. Click the "Start" button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. A menu will open up, we need to click control panel.
3. A window will load up, we need to look for system and maintenance on the list of the softwares.
4. Click power options.
5. You will see that settings plan that you have on the computer, Click the "Change plan settings" right above it.
6. Click on the drop down menu next to put the computer to sleep and then select how long you would like to wait before the computer goes into sleep mode.
7. Click the save settings button and then it will go back to the power options menu.
8. Click "Choose what the power button does" on the left column of the Power Options menu.
9. Click Sleep from the drop down menu next to the button when I press the power button.
10 Click save changes.
The computer should now be set up to the sleep mode. If you’ll be having issues following up these steps, here are the alternative solutions.
1. Click Start button at the lower left part of the screen.
2. Look for the Start Search box.
3. Type power options on the search bar.
4. A list of menu will load up, look for Power Options and then click it.
5. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
6. Click Change plan settings on the selected power plan on the screen.
7. You will see this on the windows, Put the computer to sleep list, select the time to which you want the computer go to sleep.
It is also possible that an error in the hard drive is causing this problem on your computer. You need to check your hard drive for any possible errors that it already accumulated. Use a disk utility application to check your drive. You can also download Norton SystemWorks or Norton Utilities to check your hard disk.
It is a great tool for diagnosing and fixing the drive for any possible errors in the file system, any misreported free space of the hard drive, dislocated file space, invalid entries, cross-linked files, file structure errors, and others. Or just use Windows disk check tool to check your drive.
1. Right click on drive C and then select Properties.
2. Click Tools tab.
3. Click Check Now.
4. Check the option Automatically fix file system errors.
5. Click Start.
You can also check the configuration in the Power Options in the Control Panel.
Make your house a home! With just some simple changes, you can add personality and give every room that attractive "homey" feel. Start by making practical design decisions with furniture and finishes to create...
Sim, also known as Subscriber Identity Module, is a small plastic card that slots into the mobile phone. Sim holds mobile number information and allows to make and receive calls, messaging and use data....
Silicon Valley is a place in the southern San Francisco Bay Area. The name was established in the early 1970s due to the region's involvement in silicon transistor production and research. The neighborhood is...
The finest laptops are powerful enough to do your daily tasks, comfortable enough to use all day, and power-efficient enough to ensure you don't run out of battery power unexpectedly. Of course, all these...
While looking for a chemical-free way to clear and purify both durable and low grounds in your home, a steam cleaner is an excellent solution. With a spurt of superheated steam, this cleaning equipment...
Internet monitoring software keeps a log of all internet activities. You can install this type of software on your computer remotely or by the administrator. An operating console controls this software. This type of...
A Hard Disk Drive is usually partitioned into various smaller drives for optimization. A partition manager helps make this process easier and more efficient. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best partition manager software.