N/APosted on - 06/30/2014
My HP Touchsmart 310-1125y computer went to sleep and when I went back, the screen briefly flashed for a second then it went blank. I turned it off and turned it back on, the same screen displayed for a second then went black again. I can hear the Windows startup sound so I tried typing my password it and it sounded like it went through. But I am still not getting any video. What should I do?
No video on HP Touchsmart 310-1125y after it went to sleep
Hi Cromwell Ron,
I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your laptop. The problem could need a simple fix or it may point to more technical problems that require advanced remedies.
Here are some things you could do:
Solution One: Power Cycle the laptop
1. Remove the battery from the laptop and also unplug the charger.
2. Press and hold the 'Power' button for about 3 minutes.
3. After 3 minutes, release the 'Power' button and connect the charger to the laptop.
4. Once you have plugged in the charger, 'Power On' the laptop by pressing the 'Power' button.
5. If the laptop comes on, then your problem is solved.
Solution Two: Take to Certified Technician
The method above should resolve a simple issue. If the problem persists, however you may need to return the laptop to the manufacturer. You need to present, your receipt and proper identification. If your laptop is covered under warranty, it will be repaired or replaced at no cost to you.