N/APosted on - 07/28/2011
I'm trying to sync my iPHONE with iTUNES version 10.3.1 and I'm getting a sync error. It says that it can't be synced and shows the error message "unknown error occurred (-50)".I have successfully synced this device with the same G4 Powerbook since summer of 2011 with no issues at all. Only thing that changed is that I moved to Leopard but I have successfully synced since then.
Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
My iPHONE Sync Error (-50)
This symptom would be initiated by an issue with the advanced marking of Windows XP drivers. Emulating the strides underneath to register a few .dll records specified beneath would resolve this issue. Around the time when trying the strides underneath, attempt to restore the iPOD utilizing the most cutting edge form iTunes. In the event that if you are unable to restore the iPod or the symptom returns, accompany the aforementioned strides:
1. Disengage the iPod from the machine and close iTunes.
2. Highlight every last trace of the accompanying 10 lines of content that start with regsvr32 and after that pick Copy from the Edit menu of your net program.
regsvr32 /s softpub.dll
regsvr32 /s wintrust.dll
regsvr32 /s dssenh.dll
regsvr32 /s rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 /s gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 /s sccbase.dll
regsvr32 /s slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 /s mssip32.dll
regsvr32 /s cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 /s initpki.dll
3. Open the Notepad system by piloting to :Begin > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
4. In Notepad, decide on Paste from the Edit menu.
Note: Make beyond any doubt that the words that shows up in Notepad is the same as what is demonstrated previously.
5. From the File menu, decide on Save As.
6. For File name, sort Apple iPOD.bat and recovery the index to the Desktop.
7. Close Notepad and spot the apple iPOD.bat record.
8. Double-click the record and you will see a dark window showing up on the screen for regarding a moment. Hold up until
the window program vanishes and move to the following stride.
9. The apple ipod.bat index might be erased around then.
10. Open iTUNES and associate the iPOD.
11. When the iPOD shows up in iTUNES, restore the iPOD and resend your substance.