N/APosted on - 10/21/2014
When I connect my iPad Air in my Macbook to transfer music, videos, files through iTunes, it works fine, but if I connect it to my Personal Computer(other than MacBook), and after connecting, when I want to use it when it is already connected to PC, when I touch it, it gives me shock and due to that shock I have thrown it away from my hands and it fell on the floor many a times. Please suggest some fix and tell the reason behind the issue.
My iPad Air is giving Electrical Shocks
If this is happening on your PC and your iPad Air is connected via USB cable, it is possible that the USB port on the computer is grounded. It is not possible for the iPad to be grounded within itself because it is only powered by a battery and not from an AC outlet.
Since your iPad Air is integrated with a USB 2.0 port then that’s the only possible reason why you get electric shock. The USB ports on the computer are integrated or built-in to the motherboard and there is no way you can fix it. The only solution you can do is to install a USB 3.0 adapter on your computer if you still have an available slot.
Once a USB 3.0 adapter is installed, make sure to always connect the iPad Air to the USB 3.0 port instead of using the original USB 2.0 port on the CPU to avoid electric shock. If you continue to connect the iPad to the built-in USB port on your CPU, you will risk damaging your device because excessive electric current is entering the device.