N/APosted on - 12/25/2014
What should I do to install my Hewlett Packard LaserJet pro 300 printer to my computer? I have downloaded the HP Laserjet printer driver from the printer manufacturer website, the installation disk supplied with the printer is corrupt. The downloaded driver would would install, but the computer is always searching for driver whenever I plug the printer to the computer. Why is the driver not properly install? could it be that there are virus on my system?
My HP Laserjet printer driver won’t install
It might be possible that the Driver for printer is not installed properly. Many times it happens that the Driver installed for particular Hardware might be older version or it might not be installed in proper manner. Check the following steps of installation of driver for printer.
1. Connect to the network cable of the printer. Make sure that the cable attached should be printer cable only. No other cable will be allowed. And also make sure that system should have complete network access.
2. IP address will get assigned to the printer, wait till that time. Let IP gets assigned to the printer.
3. On control panel of printer, you will be able to see network button. Click on that network button for showing IP address.
4. Open the browser on your computer system. Type the displayed IP address in the address bar and then press Enter. Once enter is pressed, you will see HP web server.
5. Click the HP Smart Install tab and then follow the instructions given on the screen. On screen instructions will be for installation of printer driver. With the finish of screen instructions, the installation process is complete
6. If in any case this process of installation fails, then disconnect the printer’s network cable. Turn the printer in offsite mode and after some time ON it again. Install the driver with the use of CD.