Microsoft’s client access licenses query

Asked By 10 points N/A Posted on -

I need some clarification on Microsoft’s client access licenses. We have a Windows 2003 server and chose the per-seat licensing of 50.

Do we also need to have 50 Client Access Licenses (CALs)? In addition, for Exchange 2003, do we need to acquire both Exchange CALs and Outlook CALs and will having Exchange CALs suffice?

Thank you for any information you have on this subject.

Answered By 10 points N/A #86312

Microsoft’s client access licenses query


What I know is that the licensing software with Client Access Licenses can be a bit complicated due to the technical nature of server products and networks. But what Microsoft does is that it offers a device-based CAL (Device CAL), or a user-based CAL (User CAL) which you can be able to purchase. To add on that, there is an External Connector license that is offered, but that is for some products just as an optional alternative that will be able to address specific customer scenarios.

For more information pertaining  your issue, it will be better if you consult your Microsoft representative or local reseller regarding the specific licensing needs that you will like to get knowledge on them.

-Thompson Locker


Related Questions