N/APosted on - 03/19/2012
I am using Vista home premium. My MS outlook 2007 was performing just fine two days ago and now it won't responding and when I log i to my computer to check email get the following message:
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:Documents and SettingsHP_AdministratorLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications, and then use the inbox repair too (Scanst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information go to the inbox repair tool, see Help".
I’ve failed to find that link anywhere in my computer, I also made a search for Scanpst.exe file and nothing appears. I am not good in computer so any help is needed and will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Microsoft Outlook 2007 does not open
Hey Zurich bravo!
It sounds like your Scanpst is corrupted; you need to repair this file. For this purpose, follow these steps:
1. Open My computer.
2. Go to drive where you have installed the MS Office (Default drive is C).
3. Open Program files and then open MS office folder.
4. Once it opens, find here Scanpst by scrolling down.
5. When you are succeeded to found it, open it and type C:Documents and SettingsHP_AdministratorLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst.
Note: This path depends on your error message. Type the same path that you are viewing in error message.
6. After typing the path do not forget to check the Backup box.
7. After that click on the repair button.
8. Once it finished, click on start button and select Run and type outlook.exe /resetnavpane.
9. You are succeeded to open your MS Outlook.