N/APosted on - 12/21/2017
I want to determine the domain controller IP address of the client computer to which a domain is connected to. When I search on the internet, I found many sources such as through windows power shell and so on, but they need additional utilities to be installed for them to perform their task. Instead, I want the steps to be taken to find the IP address despite installing any resources.
Means To Find IP Address For A Domain Which Is Connected To A Computer Of The Client Of The Domain Controller
To determine the domain controller IP address we can make use of the Nslookup. This Nslookup is a network-based administrative command line argument tool which is used for the operating systems of a computer in order to display the domain name or the IP address of the domain and also to record the DNS i.e., Domain Name System. This can be obtained by following some specific steps as mentioned below:
1. Click on the Start button and then select Run.
2. Enter cmd in the box opened. Here cmd stands for Command Prompt.
3. Enter Nslookup and then click on the Enter button.
4. Enter the set type as equal to all and then select the Enter button.
5. Enter _Idap._tcp.dc._msdcs.Domain_IPAddress and then click on Enter. Here Domain_IPAddress stands for the IP address of the domain.