N/APosted on - 07/08/2016
Hi. I have created an account on Outlook. I have a lot of mails and want to manage it but I am unable to find the archive option. How can I archive email in Outlook 2013? Also, please give me the steps to turn off the auto archive option so that the mails are archived only when I want them to. Thanks in advance.
Manage Your Mails Easily- Archive Email In Outlook 2013
Hi. The steps to archive email in Outlook 2013 are as given below-
1) Open Outlook
2) Click on File
3) Click on account information, then select the cleanup tool button and then select the option mailbox cleanup
4) Click on the icon with a drop-down menu and among the options provided, click on Archive.
5) In the archive dialog box, you can either set the path of the folder to archive, or select all the emails you wish to archive.
6) The location where the files will be stored can be changed by clicking on the browse option.
7) The archived file is saved in the mentioned location with a .pst extension.
8) Next time whenever you open Outlook, the .pst file saved earlier will automatically appear.
9) If you don’t see the .pst file, then click on File>account information>open and export and click on open outlook data file when the screen opens. Browse to the location where the archived .pst file was saved and click on OK.
10) In the left-hand side of the screen, under Archives option, you will now be able to view all those mails which had been archived.
To turn the auto-archive button off,
1) Click on File menu, then options and click on advanced
2) There will be an option named auto archive under which click on auto archive settings
3) Unmark the check box against the run auto-archive every n days option
Hope we helped.