N/APosted on - 07/08/2016
Hi. I want to about asset management and its uses. In addition to this, I want information about the various asset management tools open source and what are they used for. Why does asset management act as such an important component of service desk plus? Thanks in advance.
Knowing More About Asset Management Tools Open Source
Hi. Asset management is such an important component of service desk plus because of its uses such as-
1) It provides us with all the asset related information such as hardware and software configuration and build an inventory to handle all the non-IT related assets.
2) It helps us build relationships with other people, assets etc. It also allows management of problems.
3) It ensures that there is software conformity for every software installation across the organization.
4) It helps to keep a follow up about all the IT contracts and know about their termination beforehand.
The various asset management tools open source are as follows-
1) Fusion Inventory has two parts: a plug-in which combines with GLPI and the agents installed on the workstations.
2) GLPI is a helpdesk tool.
3) OCS Inventory NG is a French computerized terminal inventory tool
4) Pulse 2 is used for IT inventory management, remote installation