Java Applets not working well on Internet Explorer

Asked By 600 points N/A Posted on -


I am having a problem with my Java Applet on IE. I made an applet program open up on Internet Explorer and seems not working well, but when tried using on different browser , it works fine. Also i noticed other interactive content  not working properly on IE.

Hope someone can find a solution for me.

Thank you very much.


Best Answer by peterlenon322
Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #126474

Java Applets not working well on Internet Explorer

  • First you should go to remove ALL previously installed versions of Java Runtime Environment and all updates!
  • Close all open Windows.
  • Go to Start/Control Panel/AddRemove Programs. Uninstall ALL previous versions of Java and Java updates!
  • Reinstall the latest version of Java from website:
  • Follow the prompts to download and install. This version should give you the latest updates, bug fixes, and security enhancements. Be sure to uninstall ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF JAVA AND UPDATES FROM ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS FIRST!
  • If Java is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to enable the Java through your web browser

Please follow these instructions to enable Java though your Web browser:

Internet Explorer

  1. Click Tools and then Internet Options
  2. Select the Advanced tab, and scroll down to Java
  3. Check mark the box next to the Java version
  4. Next, select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
  5. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
  6. Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
  7. Click OK to save your preference.
Answered By 0 points N/A #126475

Java Applets not working well on Internet Explorer


Hi Elmer,

  • Just to set your expectations, you must have the 1.6.0_10 plug in or else you will have difficulties later on. And also always to clear your temporary internet files to avoid errors using Java Console. 
  • Let me also inform you that it is an known issue that sometimes Java Console is having error message with all the common browser. Let me provide you with some tips that might be helpful on this matter; please make sure that you have the latest version and you must enable Manage Add Ons. With this, applets will work fine.
I hope this would help. 

Related Questions