N/APosted on - 11/29/2012
I have downloaded a web site which includes very valuable data for me and I want to build html dom tree in Excel and import selected data from tables of the web site to Excel. Please help me giving instructions with relevant softwares or apps. Thanks.
Is it possible building html dom tree in Excel to import tables
Hello Jem Mandap ,
Hope that my message finds you well.
– First use New Web Query from Data -> Import External Data.
– After that small browser will open inside Excel and displays your home page.
– Use this browser to go/navigate to the web page that you want
– If you want you can press the options in order to change the formatting of the imported data.
– Click the Import button, after that the import popup is displayed and by default the data will be imported to the selected cell and you can change it anytime.
Hope this solution will help you.