N/APosted on - 07/29/2011
I need to implement some technology infrastructure needs (5 workers).
Please give me a report with best recommendations for:
• PC / Laptops / Operating Systems
• Applications (Licenses)
• Shared Resources (Printers, File share, Applications)
• Security – passwords
• ICT Policies
• IT Support – staff or contract
• Internet Connectivity (any alternative to broadband?)
• Domain and Website (best way to register domain + create website, hosting, cloud, etc)
Implement some technology infrastructure needs
This is good place for take idea from others expertise. Here I am trying to give you some idea for IT infrastructure setup for a small office. Please see below one by one. As you want to setup for 5 workers. So first you need
1. 5 Desktop computers. And operating system Windows XP or Vista business edition or windows 7 Business edition.
2. Operating system, Microsoft Office and Antivirus must be license copy
3. Networking is must be there. you can setup wireless network so that no wiring needed in side off office.
4. Once you done Network setup then File and Print sharing can done easily.
5. Calendar, contacts and E-mail you can manage centrally. For this you need a registered domain for your E-mail and setup Mail server at your office and configure Microsoft Exchange or Lotus note. Then user machine must be use Microsoft outlook express for mailing. So that you can manage centrally your mail, contacts and calendar.
6. You need to hire a IT professional, who can setup password, security policy.
7. Broadband is the best solution for Internet connectivity. Because if you want to setup satellite connection directly then it is much costly other than Broadband.
8. You have number 5 members at your office. If you make a server your own office and host your website in this server. So that you not need to expand more money for hosting or buy a cloud from others company.
Hope all this will help you to set up IT section in your office.