N/APosted on - 06/04/2020
Hello Techies, recently I have joined an organization and working with outlook. I want to know what outlook data file is? Please explain it. Thanks in advance.
I want to know what outlook data file is?
- An outlook data file is file which contains email messages and related outlook items on the computer.
- This file contains the local copy of messages, calendar information, contacts and other details that are related to the outlook user account.
- Outlook data files created using Outlook version 2013 or 2016 are stored under the local computer’s path Document\Outlook Files Folder.
Below are the steps to create an outlook data file.
- From your email inbox, select New Items-> More Items.
- Then select Outlook Data File
- Enter the file name
- If you want to add a password to file, select Add Optional Password box, select Ok.
- Type same password in both Password and Verify Password box and select OK again.
- Make sure you enter the correct password every time you open the outlook data file.