N/APosted on - 03/31/2017
I am using Windows 7 operating system on my PC and I am trying to configure Windows server 2012. I wish to ask how to perform windows server 2012 active directory configurationon my pc. If any one has any idea on the matter, please explain how?
How To Perform Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Configurationin Windows 7.
Just follow these simple steps to configure active directory on Windows Server 2012:
After installing the AD DS role, you need to configure the server for the domain.
- First, open the Server Manager.
- Then, click on the Notifications icon on the top of your Server Manager. In the notification for AD DS, click on “Promote this server to a domain controller.”
- From the tab “Deployment Configuration,”click on Add a new forest from the menu“radial options”. Enter your domain name into the field, and click Next.
- Choose a Domain and Forest level, then enter a password in the password fields.
- Check the warning on the Options tab and then select Next.
- Enter a valid NetBIOS name and again click Next.
- Mention the place of the Database, SYSVOL folders, and Log files and click Next.
- Check the options of configuration and then click Next.
- After your server reboots, connect to it again via RDP.