N/APosted on - 02/01/2017
My laptop runs on Windows 8. Even after I connect to a wireless network, the internet is not working. It displays the message wireless connected but no internet access. What can I do to resolve this annoying problem?
How To Fix Wireless Connected But No Internet Access?
This problem can occur if settings of the two devices do not match, or due to IP address conflict.
Fix 1: Mismatch in settings
- Click on the wireless icon.
- Right-click the name of the wireless network. Select “Forget this Network.”
- Reconnect to the network.
Fix 2: IP Address Conflict
Another common reason of wireless connected but no internet access is IP Address Conflict. To fix this, you need to check the IP address of your laptop. If it is “static,” set it to DCHP or obtain only.
- Go to Control Panel. Select Network and Internet and finally Network and Sharing Centre.
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the icon of wireless network connection. Choose Properties -> IPv4.
- After selecting IPv4, go to Properties -> Advanced.
- Verify that the IP Address is DHCP Enabled.