N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
Hi guys! I have been provided only one phone connection at my office location, and somehow I had to use it to send fax. But as all the employees need access to it, it should have a central connection. So, tell me how to connect fax machine to computer for distributed use?
How To Connect Fax Machine To Computer Using A Single Telephone Line?
Procedure to link a fax machine to a computer so that all office members can use it is as follows:
• Insert the telephone cord in the port found on the fax machine. In case you cannot find it yourself, refer to the user manual that came with the appliance.
• The other end of the cord should be inserted into the phone jack on the wall.
• Now, to connect the router to the fax machine, insert the Ethernet cable in the Fax’s Ethernet port.
• Plug the fax machine’s switch to the wall socket and turn it on. Power on your host computer as well.
• Insert the CD that came with the fax machine in the optical drive of your host PC. The installation process will begin. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
• Now, install the software on each computer in your office and open the fax’s operating program. You can now send faxes from the PC with the Fax’s program UI (User Interface).