N/APosted on - 02/05/2013
How to play streaming videos on Ubuntu 10 properly? Usually the screen goes blank or the streaming videos turn out to be choppy. It's difficult to even download Ubuntu 10 streaming videos. Do I have to install some kind of Ubuntu streaming video plug-in or service to play them perfectly?
How to play streaming videos on Ubuntu 10 ?
To be able to stream videos on Ubuntu 10, you must install the Flash Player application. Since such plug-ins is not usually included in the Operating System software. You can purchase or download free trials online should you wish to take advantage of Flash Player. There is a .deb version of Flash which is suitable for Ubuntu and other Debian Operating System.
Here's how you can install Flash Player once you have the CD installer handy.
1. Download or install the application on your computer using the .deb version.
2. Select "Save File" from the Window panel.
3. Go to Applications then Utilities and Open a Terminal Window.
4. Switch directory to CD Download where the downloaded installer was saved.
5. Install or save the libcurl3 library. sudo apt-get install libcurl3
6. Start installing the Flash Player application. sudo dpkg –install. install_flash_player_<version>_linux.deb. Replace <version> with the latest version number.
7. Restart your browser.
8. Check to see if the Flash Player was installed successfully. Enter:plugins in a browser window, and look for the flash player MIME type.