N/APosted on - 02/14/2013
I have an Access database of contact information and I would like to transfer or import those contacts into my outlook account. Can anyone assist me in completing this task, I have Outlook 2010? How can I perform an accdb import to outlook? Is this type of import even possible?
How Perform an accdb import to outlook
Yes, you can share your data between Access and Outlook 2010. It seems you want to transfer data from Access to Outlook. In that case, first of all you need to export data to a text file and then import the text file data into Outlook.
These are the steps:
1. Open Access > Right-click the table containing contact information you want to export > Select Export > Click on Text File.
2. Check the name of file and location suggested by Access OR Click Browse to give different file location > Click OK.
3. In the Export Text Wizard dialog box, select Delimited and then click on Next.
4. Select the Tab delimiter, and then select the Include Field Names on First Row check box.
5. Click on Finish.
6. Click Close and then exits from Access.
Now you need to import the text file into Outlook. Follow these steps:-
1. Select the folder where you want to import the contacts or create a new folder if you want to create it in a new folder.
2. Open Outlook 2010 > Go to File tab > Open > Click Import.
3. The Import and Export Wizard will open and then select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
4. Select Tab Separated Values, and then click Next.
5. When importing a File dialog box comes click on Browse and then select the .txt file that you just created, and then click OK.
6. If the Outlook folder already contains contacts and there could be duplicate contacts. To process duplicate contacts choose the appropriate option and then click on Next
7. Select the contacts folder where you want to import contact information and then click on Next.
8. Click on Map Custom Fields to review or change the contact information in the Outlook folder. In case the Map Custom Fields button is not available, select the import operation.
9. Click on Finish.