N/APosted on - 09/20/2014
I bought new laptop it is DELL laptop with windows 8 in it. I'm using windows 8 for the first time and I want to know how to make partitions in it. As by default it has only one disk C I want to make D, E, & F also please guide me how to do this.
How to partition disks in Windows 8?help
Partition is something very sensitive and requires extensive carefulness. Backup your important data before you proceed.
1. From Start menu, type “disk management” >> hit Enter.
2. Right-click on “C:” drive and select “Shrink Volume”.
3. Make sure that the drive only gets 50GB which equals to 51200MB.
Now, you’ll see some blank spaces indicated in the list as “Unallocated space”. Right-click on the space and select “New Simple Volume”.
1. When the wizard opens, click “Next”.
2. Define the size of your new partition in MB. Remember that 1GB = 1024MB >> click “Next”.
3. Select “Assign the following drive letter” >> select your favorite drive letter from the list >> click “Next”.
4. Select “Format this volume with the following settings” >> select “File system” to “NTFS” >> select “Allocation unit size” to “Default” >> give any favorite “Volume label”.
5. Check the tick box “Perform a quick format”.
6. Click “Next” >> Click “Finish”.
Here’s the completely tutorial on how to use Disk Management to manage partition.