N/APosted on - 12/16/2013
Hello Techyv Guys,
I have created a database in MySQL, I would like to import database (.dbf) files into tables that I am defining, Please advise on how Open Source MySQL import dbf. Help me by explaining the easiest way of importing the table.
Thanks & Regards,
Leona E Miller
How Open Source MySQL import dbf
If the small of the database is not more 10MB or you can use phpMyAdmin to import and export it. Log into phpMyAdmin and follow the steps:
1. Select your database from the list on the left.
2. Click on Export from the top set of tabs.
3. Click the radio button to view all options. Select the tables from the list that you would like to back up as you can see in the picture.
4. The database name will be used to name the exported database file, but you can change it by entering another file name in the template box or you can compress the backup before downloading it from the server.
5. The radio button for "structure and data" should be selected from the "Dump Table" option list of default.
6. The last thing you have to do is to go to the Go button and save the file to your computer. This way you have imported your database.