N/APosted on - 01/24/2015
I have a Linux on a mini laptop and the Linux was corrupted so I need grub repair disk and I heard about the disk booting options from a USB deceive, how can I make such a disk and do I need any software? Can the disk be used along with other software to store while its a bootable disk.? I need to keep this for future use
How to make a bootable flash disk for boot repair software
Here are the easiest and common steps that we can follow to create a USB Bootable Drive.
1. Make it sure that you back-up the data save in to this drive. Plug in the USB drive, make it sure it is the only USB device connected. Go to Start >>> in the textbox type “cmd” and then hit “Enter”. MS-DOS window prompt will open in your desktop.
2. On your command prompt please type “diskpart” and then hit “Enter”.
3. Type “list<space>disk”. It will show you all the drives including the only USB connected. Remember the disk number of your USB drive.
4. Type “select<space>disk<space>(number of the USB drive).
5. Type “clean”, this command will all data save in your USB device to make it sure that you have the maximum disk space for your bootable.
6. So we have selected now the proper USB drive. Type “create partition primary” and hit “Enter”.
7. Type “select partition 1” so system will point to your USB partition 1 and then hit “Enter”. It will show you message that it selected USB partition and “*” symbol will show.
8. Type “format fs=Fat32” then hit “Enter”. Type “assign” so you can name your USB Bootable drive a proper name. After that type “exit” to finalize and close command prompt.
9. Insert your operating system original installation disk and copy all the files in to your USB Bootable drive.