N/APosted on - 03/06/2013
How do I properly use Disk Cleaner Wizard to remove unnecessary files completely? I used it a couple of times to free some space but it did not delete temporary internet files and compression of old files. I'm using Windows 8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
How do I properly use Disk cleaner wizard?
Here is how to do it properly:
1. Right-Click on the drive you want to clean up, and choose Properties.
2. In the Properties window, Choose Disk Cleanup.
3. At this point Windows is scanning for files.
4. Select the file that you want to clear by checking the box next to it.
Or you can do it manually as follow:
1. First of all, you need to show hidden files and folders and system files;
– Select View –> Options –> Change folder and search options
– Check> Show hidden files, folders and drivers and Uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
2. Then navigate to the following path (C:Users"username"AppdataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet Files)
Select all the files, then Shift + delete to permanently clear it.
I hope this was useful.