N/APosted on - 02/09/2012
I am planning to hide the slave drive in our computer at home. A lot of my family members are using the computer and I don’t want them to see the slave drive. In this case, I won’t have to worry about somebody accidentally deleting files or experimenting with the cloned drive. May I know if someone here knows how to hide and unhide an entire drive?
How do I hide a slave drive in Windows 7
It’s an easy task. If you want to just hide a slave drive on windows 7 then follow these steps :
1. Click : Start >Run or hold windows key and then hit “R”.
2. Type “GPedit.msc” and hit Enter.
3. A window of Group Policy will appear.
4. In the Right corner click Administrative Templates.
5. Then you will begin to change the settings.
6. Open Windows Components > Windows Explorer and find the Option “Hide specified drive in my computer”
7. Double click on it and you are on for hiding any drive anytime you want.
It’s very simple and non bothering process to show hide drives installed on the PC.
Or you can just simply download “FolderGuard” which is a third party software and do as given in the screenshot.
This will surely help…….enjoy 🙂