N/APosted on - 01/28/2013
I have seen one of my friend’s laptop it was showing thumbnails of MKV video files. He is also using Windows Vista. He told me that his brother enabled thumbnails on his system. I have also tried to find out but couldn’t succeed. Can anyone help me how to show Vista MKV Thumbnails?
How to display MKV thumbnail in Windows Vista ?
Follow these steps carefully to be able to show Vista MKV Thumbnails successfully.
1. Download and Install Haali's Media Splitter & ffdshow-tryouts.
Or Combined Community Codec Pack.
2. Configure ffdshow video to decrypt Xvid/DivX & h264 or leave it as default.
3. Set Haali's Media Splitter to: adventurer integration -> change thumbnail extraction -> affirmative.
4. Apply this written record key to your account. Works for x64 and x86. It overwrites the default program that opens MKVs/MKAs with WMP.
5. Use 32-bit explorer to Open the Folder that contains the MKV/MKAs.
Vista x64: create a shortcut.
6. Watch for thumbnails to see. (The process bar will show the quantity of completion).
– View using Tiles, Medium, or larger Icons.