N/APosted on - 07/06/2014
Hi to everybody,
I have purchased new 4 GB memory card. I have stored very important files in it. When I connected memory card to my computer, It is asking to format it. I have tried several ways, but no luck. I have inserted it into my mobile phone also but still not able to see the content. Anybody faced the same problem before? How to recover my files from this memory card? Please give me some idea about it.
Thanks for your help in advance!
How can I format my memory Card?
It is not possible to recover files from a memory card once the operating system asks you to format it.
According to you problem, the memory card's file system has been damaged and a format is recommended before using it.
Please follow these steps for formatting your memory card:
1. Insert the memory card into the computer.
2. Open the Windows Explorer program.
3. Right click on the memory card located on the left side of the window.
4. Choose the "Format" option.
5. A new window will appear in which you only have to modify the file system into NTFS type.
6. Uncheck the "Quick Format" option and then press OK.
7. Wait for the operation to complete, and after that you will be able to use your memory card without any problems.