N/APosted on - 04/24/2017
Some files on my PC are not responding correctly, that is why Windows startup does not occur properly. What are the recovery console commands for this?
Get Recovery Console Commands For Windows XP
Follow these methods to recover recently known Configuration:
- Open the System BIOS while starting up your PC. Different keys are assigned for every laptop so you can find for your PC accordingly.
- In the ‘Windows Advanced Options Menu,’ choose the recent settings that worked correctly.
- If there is still startup or booting problem, then try another method.
Method to repair the installation of Windows:
- Insert the CD for Windows XP install and boot the System.
- To repair the Windows using Recovery Console, press ‘R.’
- Enter the key number of the installation that you require to fix
- Press ‘Enter.’
- In the console, enter the following commands:
- . and press ‘Enter.’
- ATTRIB –H C:\\boot.ini, press ‘Enter.’
- ATTRIB –S C:\\boot.ini, press ‘Enter.’
- ATTRIB –R C:\\boot.ini, press ‘Enter.’
- Del boot.ini, press ‘Enter.’
- BOOTCFG /Rebuild
Set the ‘Load Identifier’ and ‘OS Load Options’
- CHKDSK /R, press ‘Enter’
- FIXBOOT, press ‘Enter’
7. Now ‘Exit’ and it will reboot your PC