N/APosted on - 03/07/2012
I have one forest with exchange 2007 sp1 installed on 2003 sp2 and another exchange 2010 sp1 on windows 2008 R2.
I have created two way forest trust but when i prepare move request it gives error:"source domain controller not available or authentication failed".
Please help me to resolve this.
Error while moving mailbox in exchange server
Before creating a two way forest trust, make sure that all of these options are working fine.
1. First you have to check trust in Source domain – Two way trust in place.
2. Secondly, now check trust in Target domain – Two way trust in place.
3. Now, from source exchange server, try to ping Target DC & Target Exchange server by pinging FQDN and Netbios.
4. Again repeat the above step but this time for "Target Exchange Server".
5. After this you have to go to ADSi edit. and go to the following place
Configuration > Services > Microsoft Exchange > Organization name > Administrative Groups > Exchange Administrative Group->Servers > Server name > Information Store > First
Storage Group > Mailbox Store > Properties > Security Tab > Add > Target Exchange Admin Account > Full Permission
Here confirm that Allow Inheritable Permissions from the Parent” is Enabled.
6. Now add "Exchange Recipient Administrators” for Source Exchange Administrator account.