N/APosted on - 10/26/2011
I am receiving error; “The page cannot be displayed” on my browser. I followed the instructions correctly on setting up wireless connection. On the bottom right of my taskbar, where the system tray is, I can see that I am connected with the internet but when loading a website; I am still receiving the same error. What can I do to fix it?
Error on my Browser: The Page Cannot Be Displayed
Try this following solutions:
* Go to Start -> Control Panel ->Network Connections.
* Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection, if you are using Dial-up, left click on Properties.
* Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio button that says Obtain DNS servers automatically. Click OK twice.
Then proceed by flushing your DNS using command:
* Go to Start -> Run, enter CMD and click OK. If you are running windows 7, right click on CMD and "Run as Administrator".
* At the Dos Prompt Screen, type in cd and then press ENTER.
* Now type in ipconfig /flushdns and then press ENTER. (notice the space after ipconfig)
* Close the command prompt window.
* Reboot your PC and try to open any website.
You can also create flushdns.bat file using notepad,
* Go to Start -> All programs-> click Notepad
* then type the following command:
* then save it and name it as anyname.bat (save it on desktop)
* try to open your newly created anyname.bat
* Done! Try to browse on any website.