N/APosted on - 09/30/2011
I am installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux Desktop. I am having Ubuntu version 11.04. During the installation process, I have received the error message which is described below:
“Please install the following files or packages: /usr/lib/gconv/UTF-16.so”
The installer only gives the option “Close” and I am unable to continue with the installation. If anyone can help me in figuring out this issue, please let me know.
Error in Installing an antivirus
Hi it is quite easy to install this antivirus. Just follow the given instructions and your error will be removed.
1. Go to the installation file of NOD and right click on it. Now select the properties. In the window appeared click the permission tab and check this option” allow executing file as program” and close.
2. Now open this file and click next to continue and accept the terms.
3. In the installation mode option chose Typical.
4. In the next window enable threat sense and press next.
5. And in next window enable detection.
6. Now it is ready to install Eset Nod 32 on your system.
7. Install it and then activate it.
Enjoy using. Hope you find it useful. I have attached the images for your convenience.