N/APosted on - 07/02/2019
Recently I got an issue with windows defender. It stopped working and gave the error code 2147416390 services has stopped. It cannot update the defini files. It is not starting again. I am a Windows 10 genuine user. How can I solve this and activate it again?
Error In Windows Defender. Error Code Is 2147416390
You can try the following and see whether this helps:
1. First, turn off or uninstall any other antivirus you may be using that may be interfering with the Windows Defender. If this did not work, then proceed as below.
2. Go to start and type “Edit Group Policy” and hit enter.
3. Now, once it opens go to Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Defender on the left navigation pane. Then, double click on the group policy folders.
4. Now click Turn off Windows Defender on the right followed by clicking Edit Policy Setting >Turn of Windows Defender.
5. Then click on the circle next to Disabled to enable Windows Defender.
6. Then click Apply and then OK.