N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
An error message encountered when upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 R3. How can I fix the following error message so that I may install this program properly? I have reinstalled this application but the same error message appeared. Help me to resolve this immediately.
Thanks in advance.
Fatal error:error 1406.Could not write value AdammLocal to keysoftwaresymantecbackup execServer. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Error 1406 – Backup Exec 2010 R3 failed to upgrade
The error occurs due to insufficient permissions in the registry for the account in use.
This issue can be resolved as follows:
1) Go to ‘Start’, ‘Run’ type ‘regedit32.exe’
2) Navigate to HKLMSoftwareBackupExecForWindowsServerBackupExec13.0
3) Right Click on the key ’13.0’, Select ‘Permissions’
4) Check that accounts ‘System’, ‘Administrator’ have all control permissions assigned
5) If the issue still exists, create a DWORD AdammLocal at HKLMSoftwareBackupExecForWindowsServerBackupExecServer and set it to ‘0’
6) Click ‘Retry’ and the error will be resumed