N/APosted on - 02/09/2014
I am trying to reformat my Windows 7 PC, but it is always showing an error 0x80070057. What is the cause of this error and how to resolve it? I have some important data on my partition and I want to know if I can still recover my data on that partition? What should I do? I need some insights.Thanks a lot!
Error 0x80070057 on Windows 7 Installation
You are encountering the error 0x80070057 because the partition of your reserved system has been damaged. This partition is the location for the BitLocker encryption and to restore your Windows.
If your data is in the reserved partition, I don't think you can still recover it since the said partition is already damaged. To fix the error 0x80070057, you need to delete the current partitions and then create a new one and continue on reformatting your computer. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Insert your Windows 7 installation disk and then run the installation.
2. Choose your preferences such as the Language, time and currency, keyboard and then click Next.
3. Click the Install Now button and then tick on the "I accept the terms of license" check box and click Next.
4. Click the Custom (Advanced) option.
5. Choose the Disk 0 partition 1 and Delete it.
6. Click OK when the Install Windows dialog box appears.
7. Choose Disk 0 partition 2 and then click Delete.
8. Click OK when the Install Windows dialog box appears.
9. Click New and define the disk size. Click the Apply button when done. Remember that the default value is the max size of your disk.
10. Click OK when ask if Windows will create additional partitions for your system files.
11. Choose Disk 0 partition 2 and then click Format.
12. Click OK again on the dialog box.
13. Click Next when done with formatting the partition and then follow the on-screen instructions.