N/APosted on - 06/29/2016
I often get the error message the directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifierwhenever I try to create a new object in the Active Directory. How can I solve this problem?
Directory Service Was Unable To Allocate A Relative Identifier Problem
Follow these steps to resolve this error: • Restore the computer from the earlier backup and don’t restart it after the restoration.
• Open the command prompt on the temp RID Master domain controller on the production network on another computer and write repadmin /showvector and press the Enter key.
• Exit from the temporary RID Master domain controller and move it to the network with the restored computer.
• Restart both the computers.
• Initiate the replication between them.
• Transfer the master roles to the original role-holder.
• Connect both computers again to the production network.