N/APosted on - 09/19/2018
I wanted to surf the Internet as I usually did every day hence, I tried opened Google Chrome web browser. It did not open. I had no idea where the problem was occurring. So, I tried opening it again three to four times after which I uninstalled Chrome. I downloaded it again but it would not progress, and suddenly error code 0x8004070c appeared. Please provide help.
Chrome Installation Error Code 0x8004070c Fixed!
Hi, perform all the things mentioned below to get rid of the bug:
- Press Windows logo key and E key together to open Windows.
- In the window that appears next, type using your keyboard (LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\) in the address bar as it is.
- In the upcoming window, look for a folder named “Default” and name it “Backup Default”.
- Download Chrome in the Offline mode and store it in this folder. The link to download it is specified here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?visit_id=636725979778236988-1773901789&hl=en&rd=1#install_win_offline
- If anti-virus or firewall software is functioning while downloading, then Chrome might not work satisfactorily. Hence, you must deactivate this software while downloading Google Chrome.
Thanks and regards.