N/APosted on - 03/08/2012
My CD ROM drive icon suddenly disappeared from my computer, so I am unable to open any of my CD,
Please help me to solve this problem.
CD ROM icon not showing in my computer
Seeing your image of “My Computer”, you are probably using Windows XP.
This is a common problem in Windows XP. Following steps can help you.
1. Go to Start, then to Run, type regedit and press Enter
2. Locate and choose the following registry subkey in the Navigation pane:
3. Select UpperFilters in the right pane
4. Select Delete on the Edit menu
5. Choose Yes
6. Choose LowerFilters and then select Delete on Edit menu.
7. Click Yes to confirm, exit registry editor and then restart the computer.
You should be able to see the CD ROM icon in “my computer”.