N/APosted on - 01/21/2014
I have worked with some large file in Adobe Illustrator CS6 and when I opened it again this error appeared and closed the program. It works fine with a small project and files without any error. Now I really need to modify some projects in Illustrator, but I can’t because of this error message. Can anyone help me to fix this problem ? Why I have this error with large projects ?
Thank you !
Can’t open the illustrator. The illustrator ended unexpectedly.
Offending Operator: “XI”
Cannot open the illustrator, the illustrator ended unexpectedly
You can try fixing this issue enabling content recovery mode.
1. Exit Adobe Illustrator.
2. Find out Adobe Illustrator preferences from the following directory
C:Documents and Settings<user name>Application DataAdobeAdobe Illustrator [version] Settingsen_USAIPrefs
C:Users<user name>AppDataLocalAdobeAdobe Illustrator [version] Settingsen_USAIPrefs
C:Users<user name>AppDataRoamingAdobeAdobe Illustrator [version] Settingsen_USAIPrefs
Note: You might need to enable to show hidden files. Learn how to show hidden files.
3. Open the preferences file into Notepad. Find out the following section:
4. Change “enableContentRecovery” value to 1.
5. Save the file without making any other changes.
6. Start Adobe Illustrator. Press “Ctrl + O”.
7. Navigate to the file and select it. Then hold “Ctrl + Alt + Shift” and click “Open” button.
8. This will open a blank page. Exit without saving.
9. Go to the corrupted file’s folder. You’ll find out the file’s original copy and also another file with same name, just an extra part. For example, if the file’s name is “XYZ.ai”, there will be another with “_XYZ.ai”.
10. Modify the file with any text editor.
If that doesn’t work, update your Adobe Illustrator. Get the latest Adobe Illustrator update.
Hope your problem is solved now.