N/APosted on - 06/21/2012
Recently I installed avast pro in my system. But yesterday I got an error 10106 for the pop3 when I wanted to check my email. I reinstalled the software but nothing seemed to be solved. Can you please let me know some suggestions about how to overcome this issue?
Cannot check email with Error 10106 for POP3
The problem here is your Service provider failed to initialize. Or maybe have problem with your WSPStartup function or the NSPStartup function failed. To solve this one try this solution.
1. Back up your registry first. Delete the following from your registry.
2. Then after delete them, reboot your computer/system.
3. Go to your network, then right click then properties.
4. Click Install, then click protocol, then click add button.
5. Small windows appear then click have disk, the input dialog box will show then enter this.
"windowsinf" without the double quote, then click ok, then restart your computer.