N/APosted on - 03/26/2012
I tried to download the newer version of VMware player and install it but the program screen was blank for moment. According to the Task Manager, the program was running in that time. Then I have installed the virtual box in my PC but I also wanted VMware player for another task. I am really confused what the problem is; please help me to find it out.
Can’t Install VMware Player Stuck in Black screen
Hey Kate harry!
Do not worry about this problem. I also had the same problem but I managed to solve the problem. What you need to do is just to follow these steps.
1. Make sure that you have not installed any other version of the software. If you have, then uninstall it first. But uninstall it in this way.
First of all go to C:WindowsInstaller.
Here you will see .msi VMware author.
Open it and uninstall it.
2. Click on start and run cmd.
3. Type here "cd the-directory-where-the-install-file-is" (you have to give the path of file in the command). Then press enter.
4. Again type now "the-name-of-the-install-file.exe /e tempfolder" and hit enter.
5. After the process is finish, go to that folder and look for .msi file. For example "vmware workstation.msi".
6. Run it.
You are done.